May 29, 2013
- When scheduling your move, give us a call about a month in advance. Remember that summer months and beginning and ending days of each month are the busiest days.
- If you are packing your own goods, don’t overload the cartons. Mark and note contents and room destination on the outside of each box.
- Completely fill all cartons. If there is open space, fill with a filler like crumpled paper to avoid shifting.
- Do not pack money, valuable jewelry, medication, important papers, or food. Carry these with you.
- Pack a special “last on truck, first off truck” box that will include light bulbs, water, flashlight, and children’s favorite toys. Include a set of towels, linens and coffee pot that you can access quickly once at your new address.
** Tips taken from the Minnesota Department of Transportation website.